Have some spare time and want to improve Indefero? Join us!
Contribution is easy, you can contribute in a lot of different fields, contributions small or big are always appreciated. Here is an example list of what you can do:
- Install InDefero on your system and report the problem you had.
- Find the bad English and typos and propose corrections.
- Help with the translation effort.
- Find little bugs or usability problems and provide ideas on how to fix them.
- Register to the discussion group and help new users.
- Come and chat on IRC #indefero on the FreeNode servers.
- Find ways to improve the design while keeping it beautifully simple.
- Write a blog post about the project, what you think is good or bad.
- Or maybe really hack into the code.
As you can see, the real hacking into the code is just a small part of the work, so even if you are not a coder you can do a lot.
I am a simple user
Thanks a lot! Really! As a project leader, I consider you as the most important person in the success of the project. So do not worry, I will really listen to your needs and make you love this project.
What you can do to help:
- Use the software and each time you find something a bit annoying in your daily use, report a bug. Usability issues are high priority issues.
- Find typos, grammar mistakes, etc. and report a bug.
- Write about InDefero on your blog/website.
- Read the issues submitted by the users and provide answers if you have them.
I am a designer
A lot of things to do for you:
- Check the design and find the flaws in it. Is the space well used, does it look really nice and is it also functional for the first users?
- Do we have good support of all the major browsers?
I am a coder
Checkout the code and have fun, but keep in mind that your results must be simple to use. Do not worry about the beautiful part, the designers can work on that.
I am a security guy
Please, do try to break it, if you find a problem, come on IRC or contact the developers to get the issue fixed as soon as possible. Please, be nice, do not release the issue in the wild without first talking to us.